I am amazed at what people say outloud. Not that this is anything bad, just kind of obvious! When we tell people that we are expecting twins several people have gotten big eyes and then they say, "You're gonna have five kids." I often think to myself, "Wow, you're very good at math. After all, 3 +2 = 5. So glad you pointed that out to me. I would have never known that!" I know, it's not nice to say those things to well meaning people, that's why I just think them! Also, now that people are finding out that we are having two more girls they say, "Wow, you're gonna have four girls!" I know they are just stating the facts, but again, I know! You see, I can add 3 + 2 and 2 + 2. And I know that I will have 5 kids, 4 of which they say are girls! So thank you to all of you have helped me realize these facts! I appreciate your thoughtfulness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You are so silly. I get that way when I am pregnant too. Or like people saying "Just two more weeks." Like I had somehow lost track of how much longer I will be so incredibly uncomfortable.
You're going to have 7 people in your family!
Ha ha - I hope I didn't say that! :)
I find myself saying from time to time... "We have THREE boys. THREE sons. FOUR kids." You'd think it would have set in by now, but no. Three sons still sounds like a lot to me... And four kids?! :) Can't wait to see your fluffy sheep belly in person.
It gets worse, don't worry. "Are all of them yours?" & "Wow, you have your hands full, huh?" are my two faves.
It's perfectly ridiculous b/c I only have four -- you'd think I had eight. Karis adds a lot to the picture with her autism (& people thinking I can't control my kids based on her alone), but still. I like the one woman who says, "No! These aren't all mine. I did a quick run-through the neighborhood & grabbed all the kids I could find b/c I thought it'd be SO much fun to bring them all grocery shopping with me!"
~ Danna
Post a Comment